DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
Deep tissue massage is a type of massage therapy that focuses on realigning deeper layers of muscle fibres and connective tissue. It is especially helpful for chronic aches and pains and contracted areas such as stiff neck and upper back, low back pain, leg muscle tightness, and sore shoulders. Some of the same strokes are used as classic massage therapy, but the movement is slower and the pressure is deeper and concentrated on areas of tension and pain in order to reach the sub-layer of muscles and the fascia (the connective tissue surrounding the muscles).
When there is chronic muscle tension or injury, there are usually adhesions (bands of painful, rigid tissue) in muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Adhesions can block circulation and cause pain, limited movement, and inflammation. Deep tissue massage works by physically breaking down these adhesions to relieve pain and restore normal movement.
Deep Tissue Massage can have the following benefits:
◦ Helps to reduce chronic pain
◦ Improves sleep
◦ Reduces stress and anxiety
◦ Improves mobility
◦ Increased range of movement
◦ Reduced muscle tension
◦ Helps to break down scar tissue and adhesion's
◦ Helps to improve circulation
◦ Helps to maintain good health and general well-being.
◦ Aids in Recovery from injuries (e.g. whiplash, falls, sports injury)