Light Therapy offers a complementary, non invasive and effective treatment for numerous conditions it offers an effective dose of red and infrared light.
How does it work?
The cell is the building block of the body and if each cell is able to function optimally, the body will heal itself. Light therapy works by energising compromised cells and increasing blood flow using highly beneficial wavelengths of LED light. When light therapy is applied quickly after acute injury the process of cell death is reversed which will lead to quicker healing and recovery following injury.
Proven effects from light therapy are:
- Increases energy in cells
- Fast cellular regeneration
- Cell death is reversed when applied within 4-6 hours of injury
- Clears inflammation and increases lymphatic activity
- Increases circulation
- Increases immune system activity
- Pain relief and calming by increasing endorphins and serotonin
- Regulates collagen production
- Stimulates cells to repair and heal
It can help:
- Relieve pain
- Reduces inflammation
- Overuse injuries
- Reduce muscle spasms
- Ligament / tendon sprain/strains
- Neck and back pain
- Muscle injuries
When necessary and with your approval light therapy will be incorporated into your massage treatment, it is completely painless and there are no known side effects making it a safe treatment.